polls

  • gawchicken2001 <gawchicken@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2003
      I thought I read every posting everyday,but looks as thoug I
      slipped somehow as I did not happen to see either of those just
      finished. Not that it makes any differenc but I use exclusively a
      four inch column plate still and run only a sugar wash. My column
      is now 68 inches tall above the small boiler and the offset
      condenser is 24 inches by 3 inches. The offset boiler is thirty
      gallon US but I occasionally will run it only half full or just
      above the elements.
      But this info would not have changed the polls. thanks gaw
    • wonkothesanemk1
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 21, 2003
        just had alook at the polls page for this ng, piss poor turnout chaps,
        get over there and lets see a more representative reflection of
        subscribers, and its a bit of fun!

        moderation is true temperance
        wonko
      • Harley Daschund
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 21, 2003
          Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who have nothing
          better to do than participate in polls...:>)

          >From: "wonkothesanemk1" <wonkothesanemk1@...>
          >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Distillers] polls
          >Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:31:02 -0000
          >
          >just had alook at the polls page for this ng, piss poor turnout chaps,
          >get over there and lets see a more representative reflection of
          >subscribers, and its a bit of fun!
          >
          >moderation is true temperance
          >wonko

        • wonkothesanemk1
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 22, 2003
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harley Daschund"
            <harley_daschund@h...> wrote:
            > Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who
            have nothing
            > better to do than participate in polls...:>)

            have another drink and mellow out mate.

            > >From: "wonkothesanemk1" <wonkothesanemk1@y...>
            > >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [Distillers] polls
            > >Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:31:02 -0000
            > >
            > >just had alook at the polls page for this ng, piss poor turnout
            chaps,
            > >get over there and lets see a more representative reflection of
            > >subscribers, and its a bit of fun!
            > >
            > >moderation is true temperance
            > >wonko

            > Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection.
          • Harley Daschund
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
              Mellow out?...Me?....YOU were the one 'whining' about the lack of poll
              participation!!!...maybe you need to take your own advice...and quit
              worrying about others opinions and rely on your own...INMPO,my opinion is
              the only one that counts and I dont care if I share it or not...:>)

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
                <harley_daschund@h...> wrote:
                > Mellow out?...Me?....YOU were the one 'whining' about the lack of
                poll
                > participation!!!...maybe you need to take your own advice...and
                quit
                > worrying about others opinions and rely on your own...INMPO,my
                opinion is
                > the only one that counts and I dont care if I share it or not...:>)

                > ...would'nt be an angry young man with a beard by any chance would
                you?

                moderation is true temperance
                wonko

                > >From: "wonkothesanemk1" <wonkothesanemk1@y...>
                > >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [Distillers] Re: polls
                > >Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:25:31 -0000
                > >
                > >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harley Daschund"
                > ><harley_daschund@h...> wrote:
                > > > Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who
                > >have nothing
                > > > better to do than participate in polls...:>)
                > > >
                > > have another drink and mellow out mate.

                > >chaps,

                > > > Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection.
                > > > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

                > Get MSN 8 and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection.
              • Mike Nixon
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
                  Someone wrote:
                  Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who have nothing better to do than participate in polls...:>)
                  have another drink and mellow out mate.

                  Another replied:
                  Mellow out?...Me?....YOU were the one 'whining' about the lack of poll participation!!!...maybe you need to take your own advice...and quit worrying about others opinions and rely on your own...INMPO,my opinion is the only one that counts and I dont care if I share it or  not...:>)
                  ============================
                  Oh Good Grief ... another religion?
                  Whether you believe in The Great Poll in the Sky or not,  can we not have a little tolerance gentlemen?
                  Let those who wish to participate vote, and those who do not smile indulgently.
                  Each will be happy.
                  Better still ... the rest of us will not be subjected to the chore of deleting even more rubbish than we already have to.

                  Mike N

                • Chris Marsh
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
                    Saturday, August 23, 2003, 12:08:28 PM, you wrote:

                    MN> Someone wrote:
                    MN> Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who have nothing better to do than participate in polls...:>)
                    MN> have another drink and mellow out mate.

                    MN> Another replied:
                    MN> Mellow out?...Me?....YOU were the one 'whining' about the lack of poll participation!!!...maybe you need to take your own advice...and quit worrying about others opinions and rely on your
                    MN> own...INMPO,my opinion is the only one that counts and I dont care if I share it or not...:>)
                    MN> ============================
                    MN> Oh Good Grief ... another religion?
                    MN> Whether you believe in The Great Poll in the Sky or not, can we not have a little tolerance gentlemen?
                    MN> Let those who wish to participate vote, and those who do not smile indulgently.
                    MN> Each will be happy.
                    MN> Better still ... the rest of us will not be subjected to the chore of deleting even more rubbish than we already have to.

                    MN> Mike N

                    Amen

                    --
                  • spoliatio
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
                      > Someone wrote:
                      > Polls dont mean SHIT...just the collective opinion of those who
                      have nothing better to do than participate in polls...:>)
                      > have another drink and mellow out mate.
                      >
                      > Another replied:
                      > Mellow out?...Me?....YOU were the one 'whining' about the lack of
                      poll participation!!!...maybe you need to take your own advice...and
                      quit worrying about others opinions and rely on your own...INMPO,my
                      opinion is the only one that counts and I dont care if I share it
                      or not...:>)
                      > ============================
                      > Oh Good Grief ... another religion?
                      > Whether you believe in The Great Poll in the Sky or not, can we
                      not have a little tolerance gentlemen?
                      > Let those who wish to participate vote, and those who do not smile
                      indulgently.
                      > Each will be happy.
                      > Better still ... the rest of us will not be subjected to the chore
                      of deleting even more rubbish than we already have to.

                      > Mike N

                      Hi Mike,

                      I'll go along with that, you replied while I was trying to recall
                      what I thought was a humorous piece of prose I came across recently.
                      Seems to fit the bill here and I am sure the author would not mind
                      the repetition.
                      ------------------------------------
                      How to be Glum
                      By Guy Browning August 2003

                      The four horsemen of glumness are tiredness, boredom, rain and low
                      blood-sugar level. Any one can lead to minor glumness; all four
                      together can lead to the very serious Irritable Bastard Syndrome.
                      Glumness is a small thing, but it can change the world: principally
                      into an awful place where everything and everyone conspires against
                      you to make your life a misery.
                      If depression is a black dog, then glumness is a wet spaniel.
                      It's a temporary service disruption for naturally happy people.
                      Glumness is generally triggered by a small thing going wrong such as
                      missing a bus, stubbing your toe or not winning a raffle for which
                      you bought 80% of the tickets.
                      You then say things such as, " I'll probably miss the next bus,
                      knowing my luck " When you get the next bus no problem, you then
                      say, "There's probably someone in the front seat, knowing my luck."
                      If things continue to go well, you may start to struggle. "The bus
                      will probably get its top ripped off going under a low bridge,
                      knowing my luck." Glumness simply won't allow the possibility of
                      anything good happening during its tenancy.
                      Being glum has physical symptoms. The first is scuffy slipper
                      syndrome, which makes it impossible to walk around the house without
                      dragging your feet The second is whiny voice affliction, which turns
                      everything you say into a whinge starting with the words "I
                      don't", "I can't" or "I won't".
                      For the glum person, nothing is funny, especially not the things
                      that normally make them laugh. Their favorite jokes seem pathetic
                      and childish, as do their friends and family. When dealing with a
                      glum person, there's an effective two-stage deglumming procedure.
                      First, avoid the glumster, as anything you do or say will be
                      childish and pathetic. Second, cook a meal. For entrenched glumness,
                      make pancakes for pudding. If that fails, they're either clinically
                      depressed or your cooking is rubbish.
                      A high-risk strategy for dealing with a glum person is to out glum
                      them. It's almost impossible for two people to be glum in the same
                      room, because glumness only works through relativity. Seeing someone
                      else being glum makes you want to buck their ideas up, which has the
                      side effect of bucking your own ideas up. That's why comedians are
                      often depressives: not only do they make you laugh, but they also
                      make you glad you're not as glum as they are and that you have a
                      girlfriend, a job and a life.
                      -------------------------------------
                      Cheers
                      Spolitatio
                      " Irritable bastard syndrome " Love it :-)
                    • Harley Daschund
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 23, 2003
                        Oh..like that 'deflemuglator' (or whatever its called) garbage that has been
                        going on for weeks???...:>)

                        >From: "Mike Nixon" <mike@...>
                        >Better still ... the rest of us will not be subjected to the chore of
                        >deleting even more rubbish than we already have to.
                        >
                        >Mike N

                        http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental
                      • Harley Daschund
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 24, 2003
                          Angry?...amused is closer to it....Young?...about 30 years
                          ago.......Beard?....shaved it about 20 yrs ago....Three
                          strikes...Yoooooouuuuurrrrrr OUT!!!....:>)