Re: [Distillers] Molecular Sieve?

  • Ludwig
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2002

      > In many cases, pure anhydrous is not the best fuel for four stoke
      > engines. (Some water actually improves performance!)

      Unless anhydrous alcohol is keep in a sealed container it will take
      water out of the air. I have read where it will delute itself down to
      180 proof.

      > 1. Is there a source for alcohol drying Molecular Sieve that sells
      > small quantities? (and will sell it to you with out your name ending
      > up on a "list")

      I have not contacted this company but here is an address.

      http://www.thomasregister.com/olc/adcoa/home.htm
      Adsorbents and Disiccants of America

      They sell "zeolite" if you want to search for it
      800-228-4124

      > Does anyone have experience running engines on Ethanol?

      > To burn 180 proof in a carb you will need to increase the main fuel
      > jets by 40 percent. As I understand it, in a fuel injection it might
      > be possible to just increase the system pressure. If not then bigger
      > injectors. The lower the proof under 180 the bigger the increase.
      > 180 proof burns better than 200

      As I understand it is possible to distill 200 proof by distilling under
      a vacuum. I have some idea, as yet unproven, on how to do this if you
      would want to email me off list.

      http://shopnow.netscape.com/