electric pumps

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002
      from Colin ...

      Scrapheap Source of Electric Pumps

      Domestic central heating pumps are pretty cheap (benefits of volume production), long lasting and purpose built to shift hot fluid through closed systems over various distances and heights. The one in my home has 3 power settings and perhaps you could also use a light dimmer switch to further fine tune it if necessary? (I assume they are low power devices).

      In my never-ending search for free voltage controllers I've seen many scrap domestic boilers in my local municipal tip; the pumps are usually fitted inside them. The guys there are usually only too happy for you to take them home and 'recycle' them.