After my fermentation bucket experiment I started thinking about GS's
new still and what he promises. After all it's not that amazing after
you do some math:
Vol% Amount of mash L Amount of alc. L
In still 14 25 3,5
Collect day 1 40 1 0,4
In still day 2 12,9166 24 3,1
Collect day 2 37 1 0,37
In still day 3 11,8695 23 2,73
Collect day3 35 1 0,35
In still day 4 10,8181 22 2,38
In three days it collects one third of available alcohol at ~37% vol.
In three days I managed to collect two thirds of available alcohol at
~20% vol while starting with lower alcohol content. Quite similar
performance considering difference in starting % vol.
In 5 days I collected 82% of available alcohol, and in a week I'd
propably reached 90%. While this is quite acceptable the problem is
total volume that would be almost 2/3 of starting volume. Not very
efficient for stripping. Would solve the foaming problems with malt
Now that peltier system with aquarium air pump and doubler on heated
part of the system ...