Re: Peltier Heat Pump Still

  • c2h5oh_x
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2002
      --- In Distillers@y..., "abbababbaccc" <abbababbaccc@y...> wrote:
      > Hey, this sounds great. Please, build a prototype and share your
      > experiences (including peltier element sizing and how to power it).
      > I'd do it myself but I'm electrically handicapped. You could leave
      > the T off from heat sink pipe, just drill a hole (or maybe several
      > holes). That way you could use 12mm pipe and just push it through
      > your waterlock washer. Now would it be possible to add a small
      reflux
      > column to the heated part, before it enters the cooler (and provide
      > some dripping back from cooler)? Mike, would reflux column work
      with
      > lower than 60C temperatures?
      >
      > Greetz, rkr

      Good point about the "T". Just need to let the vapor into the outlet
      pipe/heatpipe.

      I can answer the reflux question. I doubt it would work very well
      unless the system operated under vacuum. The temperature gradient in
      the column is what helps "sort" the azeotrope so things would not
      work properly unless one managed to get the "boiling point" of the
      ETOH to 60C.

      Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

      -CX