Absinthe

  • Ola Norrman
    Message 1 of 41 , May 22, 2000
      Tony,

      Absinthe taste great and you do not get mad from the
      thujone from the woormwood. It taste better for every
      time you drink it. It taste so great that it close to
      bankrupted the whole French wine industry. They made
      political lobbying and got Absinthe banned, claiming
      one went mad by drinking it.

      At the restaurant Kruts Carport in Copenhagen they
      serve Absinthe and they say that the board of Pernod
      have a meeting there every year, drinking some
      Absinthe (Pernod was the largest Absinth manufacturer
      and the yellow Pernod was made when Absinthe got
      banned). There are some more producers, mostly in
      Spain and Portugal.

      You can make a very good Absinthe from essence:
      http://partyman.se/newsfeb.htm

      In Australia you probably can get it from
      ibrew.com.au.

      Regards
      Ola

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Jack o' the Green
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 12, 2007

        The louche is good, but I usually cheat by putting in straight ice cubes and letting them melt a bit before

        drinking. I’m never patient enough to chill water first ;)