Activated Carbon filtering

  • Sam Williamson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2002
      Hi guys,

      I use still spirits carbon finishing, and it says its to be only used for a
      50% brew. can Carbon be used effectively at higher %s?

      Cheers
      Sam

    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2002
        Sam Williamson wrote:
        Subject: [Distillers] Activated Carbon filtering

        Hi guys,

        I use still spirits carbon finishing, and it says its to be only used for a
        50% brew. can Carbon be used effectively at higher %s?

        Cheers
        Sam
        Hi Sam,

        The reason for reducing the strength of the spirit is that the presence of water greatly assists both the transport of the bigger molecules and also the mechanism by which those molecules are held by the carbon.

        Mike N