Samogon site in English

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2002
      Found a site that has a version in a computer variety of English.
      Interesting to know the state of homedistillation in Russia. To me it
      appears that they could learn a lot from Tony's site.
      See
      http://ago.fromru.com/index.files/samogon.htm
      Click on the British flag icon to get the English version.

      Wal
    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2002
        waljaco wrote:
        Subject: [Distillers] Samogon site in English

        Found a site that has a version in a computer variety of English.
        Interesting to know the state of homedistillation in Russia. To me it
        appears that they could learn a lot from Tony's site.
        See
        http://ago.fromru.com/index.files/samogon.htm
        Click on the British flag icon to get the English version.

        Wal
        =========================
        Hi Wal,

        In the original Russian, it's actually quite good.  No claims from me to speak Russian beyond basics, but a Russian friend of mine gave me a better translation.  Interesting that they seem to use a sort of "doubler".  But as Spock might say, "It's a Doubler Jim .... but not as we know it!".

        Mike N

      • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2002

          > Found a site that has a version in a computer variety of English.
          > Interesting to know the state of homedistillation in Russia. To me it
          > appears that they could learn a lot from Tony's site.
          > See
          > http://ago.fromru.com/index.files/samogon.htm
          > Click on the British flag icon to get the English version.

          Interesting again to see the use of potassium permanganate to react with any fusels present.

          Tony