Re: [Distillers] WANTED!pot still design using a 20L stainless tea/coffee urn.will it work?

  • noel watson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
      Re: [Distillers] WANTED!pot still design using a 20L stainless tea/coffee urn.will it work? oceanman76er <Watertroy@... asked about urns as stills

      G'day,
      My first still was a 20 litre Urn with a reflux tower attached to the lid.
      I made the following alterations to get it to work:
        1. Removed the thermostat wiring as I could never get it set right and it turned on & off
            at the wrong time.
        2. Made two screw clamps to hold the lid down tight onto a gasket. The clamps attached to
            the two handles on the side of the urn.
        3.  Blocked off the sight glass connection.
        4.  Kept the tap on to empty the still.
        5.  Distilled grog.
      Regards,
      Noel