Re: [Distillers] Re: reflux column to get rid of whiskey/brandy f oreshots

  • Gramps
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002
      G'day Aaron,may I suggest you try "www.winerysupplies.com.au",this is a
      Melbourne based company that is set up for the smaller wine makers and is
      happy to deal with us amateur's.If you have any troubles contact me direct
      and I will help in any way possible,Regards,Ken.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002

        Aaron , there is a good and a bad news in this message. Hoping for optimistic side to win the good message is that you are inquisitive and inventing. You have true scientific mind and systematic approach. Now we are going for the bad news.

        Aaron , you are in a serious distress. Spitting is not a good deed to do. Spitting in ethyl acetate is blasphemy! Regardless of your attitude toward unworthy substance we must maintain a humble presence in this world. On the other hand have you seen your doctor lately?

        This meant to be a joke. Please have a smile or at least a grin. However this �cooked� spit stuff worries me. What percentile distillate concentration are you getting from your still?

         Cheer , Alex �

         Aaron Pelly <apelly@...> wrote:

        Don't ask me why, but I put a small drop of spit in a bit of ethyl acetate
        that I'd saved. An interesting thing happened. The spit sank, kind of turned
        up at the edges like when you spit on dirt, and went white like cooked egg
        white. After a few days it's still a solid on the bottom.

        Also oddly, the smell of acetone is disappearing.

        What's going on?

        Aaron

        Do you Yahoo!?