"Buffalo Theory"

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      Greetings Fellow Distillers,

      Now, there may be some thin - skinned and sensitive people out there, but
      I ain't one of them. To show my faith in the ability of man to get past
      perceived injustices and social faux pas, I present to you this that was sent
      to me by a secret admirer...

      The Buffalo Theory

      There are a good number of very valid reasons for drinking, but
      the one that takes the cake is called the "Buffalo Theory". It
      originated in America and goes something like this:

      A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo, and
      when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the
      back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd
      as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group
      keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

      In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the
      slowest brain cells.

      Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but,
      naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In
      this way, regular consumption of alcohol eliminates the weaker brain
      cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.
    • BOKAKOB