Re: What did I wrong???

  • peter_vcb
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
      are you guys talking about a full vapour management system with 2
      gate valves. i thought you just close the gate valve to the top
      oversized condenser and it turns into a simple reflux still. i had no
      gate valve to my upper condenser and a gate valve on the liebeg. i
      got no distillate coming out when running at 1.5kW and very little
      running at 2.8kW (50mm column 1.6m packing). i had to stuff some
      tinfoil in the top to restrict the vapour travelling to the top
      condenser and hence forcing more into the liebeg. it came out 94.5%
      but still smelt (cleaned up perfect with carbon).