Still in

  • Jacques La Marr
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2000
      Just got my 100 year old toy in and it looks kewl.

      Blew some air in, though, and it appears to leak a bit. I am not sure to
      what degree, as yet, and not exactly sure how to locate all the leaks.
      It appears not to have any holes in the metal, but rather at the solder
      joints.

      Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought maybe to un-solder all the
      fittings at their joints, clean and re-solder everything.

      Also, would polishing the outside be in order when I'm done?

      Gotta run...later.

      Mark
    • Deb
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2000

        I would definitely polish :) The best way to test for leaks is to do a run with just water.   We took a black marker and marked all the spots that steam escaped from.  This will come off when you polish.  If there are massive leaks you might want to solder it all again but if not I would just fix the spots that leak.

        Deb :)