Re: [Distillers] malt question

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      In message <20020930124607.B2759@...>, Matt
      <spore@...> writes
      >as to amounts, this is a good question.  Technically it depends on the
      >diastatic power of your malt.  Anyone have a good average figure?
      >-matt
      My brewing book gives a typical value for Malt Extract of 303 °kg/l c.f
      White Cane Sugar at 375 °kg/l. Malt Extract however only seems to have
      62% fermentable sugars while White Cane Sugar is listed at 100%.
      (°kg/l is just how they seem to measure these things, 1kg Malt Extract
      dissolved in 1l water will produce an SG of 1303 etc.)

      --
      Dick
      Fra' Auld Reekie