I wonder what members think

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002

      Hello, group! Would you please look at this and let me know if this is a decent thing. I did not test it yet.

      Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you...

      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        >Hello, group! Would you please look at this and let
        >me know if this is a decent thing. I did not test it yet.
        >Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you...

        Looks good ! So simple too - and a nice way of returning the overflow. The second collection lip - the one that feeds the offtake tube - is that slightly curved/dished so that it will still work if the tower is leaning a bit in the wrong direction / to the side ?

        Tony
      • goyeast
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2002
          --- In Distillers@y..., BOKAKOB <bokakob@y...> wrote:

          > Hello, group! Would you please look at this and let me know if this
          is a decent thing. I did not test it yet.

          > Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you...
          >
          > Cheers, Alex...

          I think that's a great idea. Question: how far up the column is your
          condenser? Also, do those lips collect all of the condensed alcohol,
          or just a fraction? In other words, how wide are the lips?

          Regards,
          Scott
        • BOKAKOB
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2002

            Hello, Scott!
            The "thing" has been tested already and it works extremely well.
            The separator sits on top of the reflux column just below the condenser chamber.
            The amount of alcohol separated from the vapors which I collect depends on the boiler heat settings. I keep the heat as low as possible to maintain a steady 78C on top of the reflux column. In this case there is almost none return and all distillate is collected. The size of slanted plates is that that both of them are overlapping each other. It is clearly visible on other photos I posted.  You can look at my still here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/files/OFTS/SR/SR2A.JPG Cheers, Alex...