oak for "pot-heads"

  • Jacques La Marr
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2000
      Considering casking at some point, I stumbled upon
      http://brewery.org/brewery/library/LmbicJL0696.html

      It is a Lambric brewing site which is quite interesting in that it goes
      into much detail of some processes applicable to stilling.

      What caught my eye was the discussion of selecting a cask. I would think
      that those who operate "pot stills" (aka "pot-heads") might benefit form
      the idea of running enough to fill one or more of the smaller casks for
      aging. Yes, I know how tempting it is to consume all, but for realizing
      the most potential of enjoying the delicious developement of flavors
      that are retained in the pot method, aging in aged oak, I would think,
      would be the only way to go.

      Mark