Is Your Name Here???

  • bj-fm@xxxxxx.xxx.xx
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 1999
      JEREMY in Lufkin, Texas:
      Did you have any luck with your navigating this site?

      DICK GRINDLEY in Scotland:
      Thank you for the spreadsheet. I answered you about a week ago in the archives this site, entitled "tongue in cheek" I looked at bob Lennon site, very interesting.
      Check out my coment to Ray in New Zealand this posting, re.rashig rings etc.

      MICHAEL BRAUN in Vial, Colorado:
      Thank you, received all date, our Bavarian relatives are having trouble translating the workd (erhalt). Is it old fashioned, poetic, high German? They think it alluded to hops and malt etc being God's "special gift".

      "BLUEDART"
      Your questions would require long and involved answers to treat them seriously. Try these web sites for help info etc.
      http://homepages.ihug.co.NZ/~topkiwi/index.html
      www.moonshine.co.nz/
      or for a non commercial site with many links
      www.geolities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/2588/distill.htm

      JERRY BARGER
      With a reflux still, make a grape derived spirit and flavour it or de-reflux it and/or use a standard pot still and distill twice as per my suggestions to Dick Grindley about a week ago, with reference to Ardberg Distillery. Infuse some raisins and put the liquid in your brandy, to taste, it will make quite a difference.

      YORG in Australia:
      Same answer this posting as I gave "Bluedart". What state are you in? I'm in Tasmania, would'nt mind 'bouncing" some ideas re progressing education of our mutual subject. I notice you a fair bit at Deja.com.rec.crafts brewing a good site.

      ALISTAIR in England:
      Same answer as "Bluedart" and Yorg. Also why not buy your water purifier in bits and pieces over a month or two.

      RUSTY in U.S.
      Why not malt your own rye, its simple. If you don't have a book, get back to me, a fairly high gumming rate in the mash tun but like everything there are ways around that.

      BRETT in New Zealand:
      Thank you, this site is quite often mentioned at Deja.com.rec.crafts brewing.

      RAY in New Zealand:
      In reference to rashig rings, glass marbles etc. Use the rashig rings to make a necklace, give the glass marbles to the local kids to play with, as relative to STAINLESS STEEL scrub buds (scourers, pot scrubbers etc) they are average. Gert Strand (ola Norrman) in his book rates holeless spheres (marbles) as a surface area of 300 rashig rings as 930, I would like to rate s.s. scrubbers as 1200. Years ago I was involved in fuel ethanol research and have observed different materials in GLASS reflux towers and backed up with all the usual obs. can assure anyone that scrubbers allow an easier "fall back" of the higher boiling point solutions. Trust Me, I'm old and balding.

      Many Regards to All - Brian