Giles help

  • darryn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2000
      Hi Giles
      I'm from Australia too.I've built the STILLMAKER still,and a few others with differing results.I manage to get 94% out of my STILLMAKER still which makes me pretty happy,but I still think that there is room for improvement.I too think that the cooling pipes that run through the column muck up the refluxing conditions.I purchased the book by Mike and John and I agree that it goes into great depth.I am keen to build their design but I'm a little put off by the time that it takes to equilibriate the column,bleed off the acetone and methanol and then the time taken to distil all the alcohol.Could you please let me know what changes you made to your STILLMAKER and your experiences with Mike and Johns still design.Once again,it's great to see Aussies talking on this newsgroup.
      Thanks in advance.
      Darryn.