Reflux Ratio

  • Tom Noftsger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2000
      Hi all,
      I am about to fire up my reflux still for the first time and have
      been doing some calculations and hit a snag...Reflux ratio. The
      still is modeled after the one described in Bob Lennon's StillMaker
      Page. What i am wondering about is how can I calculate the reflux
      ratio when i run it. This may sound silly, but I can't seem to
      rationalize an accurate method without being able to measure the
      amount of wash returning downward to the pot. Any help or
      suggestions would be greatly appriciated. I'm trying to achieve at
      least 10:1.

      Tom