24 hour yeast

  • Xyz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2002
      First things first, Many thanks to those who replied to my query
      about tap water.

      I mixed 6 kilos of sugar with 20 litres of tap water, put a heater
      belt on and left it to stand overnight.

      The next morning at 1100hrs I added one sachet of Alcotec 24hour
      yeast, Ieven followed the instructions (there's a break with
      traditional) and stirred it for minute.

      By the middle of the afternoon it was foaming well and stinking the
      house out. The next morning at 1100hrs there was still abit of
      activity, by the evening this had stopped and the sg was just under
      one.

      I use a pot still and run through three times. I got just below my
      normal expectations, this was my fault though as I forgot to turn on
      the water to cool the condenser on the second run.Once again the
      house is stinking and two of the dogs were reeling.

      I have no connection with the manufacturers or the marketing people,
      and I am only producing fuel for model aircraft engines.

      XYZ

      mailto:xyz@...