www.24houryeast.com

  • lapsnuit
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2002
      New website up : www.24houryeast.com
    • noel watson
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
        Site doesn't seem to tell you anything????
        regards,
        Noel
      • peter_vcb
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
          i didnt believe it till i did a search and found the makers hambelton
          bards site

          check out this link
          http://www.turbo-yeast.biz/english/alcotec24.htm

          quote "IMPORTANT: Do not use an airlock (you will understand the
          reason for this once you have seen the fermentation)."

          24hrs is still a long time for a thirsty sober head ;)

          --- In Distillers@y..., noel watson <noelwatson@u...> wrote:
          > Site doesn't seem to tell you anything????
          > regards,
          > Noel
        • active inertia
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
            I have a feeling that "lapsnuit" might just be a sales rep from what ever
            company is trying to flog us this stuff.
            Appoligies lapsnuit if i am wrong.

            Martin

            >From: "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@...>
            >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Distillers] www.24houryeast.com
            >Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:52:05 -0000
            >
            >New website up : www.24houryeast.com

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
              On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 06:52:05AM -0000, lapsnuit wrote:
              > New website up : www.24houryeast.com

              this is a rather uncool way to promote yourself... if this guy M. Beumer
              wants to advertise, he could at least post a real message saying something
              like "hey, I'm selling a new yeast that does so-and-so...." etc.

              -matt
              --
            • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
                > I have a feeling that "lapsnuit" might just be a sales rep
                > from what ever company is trying to flog us this stuff.

                And so what if he is ?

                If there are new products out there that can help us, be they yeast, stills, carbons, books, websites etc, I for one at least would like to hear about them.

                All the better that we get the suppliers onto this newsgroup as well - that way they can share their experience and findings, and they get some honest feedback from us about how their products perform.

                The caveat on all this is that its gotta be done in a constructive, discussion based forum - i.e. that the promotions have some real meat to them (not just sales pitch), and that the promoter is willing to discuss it in a level headed manner, even when it involves constructive criticism. Just because someone is commercially focused or trying to run a business doesn't mean that they're the devil in disguise. Sure - we don't need to be flooded with advertising, but it is nice to know what's new and being developed. They've often spent some serious time and effort - its great if we can tap into their findings. Same goes for the guys running brewing/distilling supply shops - don't knock em just because trying to sell the stuff.

                I'll wear my "moderator" hat for this - if its being abused (eg repeated mailings on the same subject, an unwillingness to have open rationale discussion, or nothing to do with distilling), I'll remove them. But otherwise, I reckon we should put out the "welcome" mat.

                Tony
              • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002
                  > quote "IMPORTANT: Do not use an airlock (you will understand the
                  > reason for this once you have seen the fermentation)."

                  They should reword this a little. More along the lines of "its pointless using an airlock - all the water will be blown out of it" Theres no harm or risk in using an airlock, its just that you'll be always topping it up.

                  Tony
                • BJ
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 26, 2002

                    Has anyone tried Alltech Twin Strain?

                    This is supposed to be a combination fast start and high ETOH tolerant yeast for distillers.

                    I have not found anyone that stocks it.

                    Bob

                    ---
                    Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                    ---

                  • Aaron Pelly
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 27, 2002
                      Any progress on the vacuum still Tony?

                      Aaron
                    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 30, 2002
                        > Any progress on the vacuum still Tony?

                        No - I haven't been serious about making a vacuum setup - more just interested in trying to understand how they work, so as to better help the guys who ask about them.

                        Tony