Malt extract

  • giles@penryn.screaming.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      Has anyone on the list tried distilling mash made from malt extract.
      I am talking about the unhopped variety not the type sold in beer
      kits i also presume the procedure would be undertaken in a pot still
      (with or without slobber box) to preserve the character of the
      product. I am tempted to have a go at producing 'malt whiskey'
      although I'm pretty realistic about the likely flavour in relation to that
      hallowed product.