Re: [Distillers] Sugar or Dextrose ..... David

  • DAVID REID
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 11:13 AM
      Ross,
      In some ways its subjective but I believe yes. At the end of the
      day a lot of it comes down to costs and you have to weigh this up
      carefully. Sugar after all in most forms is expensive. If it wasnt for the
      tax on alcohol virtually none of us would be fermenting and distilling
      alcohol made from sugar. Grains are after all that much cheaper largely due
      to less processing and manufacturing costs. How much effect the choice of
      sugar actually has on the finished product relative sweetness taste I dont
      know. Obviously its not as much as the Relative Sweetness for the base
      starting materials as its alcohol made from these materials that we are
      tasting and not the materials themselves any longer. At this stage I am
      still trying to find out. I have sent my enquiry off to the technical
      manager of NZ Sugar as their will have been work and research done on this
      sometime in the past. When I receive this information I will get back to
      you and other members of the group. All in the meantime.
      B.r., David