Southern Comfort

  • B Morey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2002
      Hi folks --

      Is the commercial liquor Southern Comfort the same as 'candy shots'?

      It occurred to me it might be -- I've only had a couple of drinks of
      Southern Comfort on the rocks, the last many years ago, and the flavour
      reminded me of traditional pink lolly we called 'penny sticks'
      (sometimes musk sticks). I suppose they're 50 cents sticks these days.

      Would it be true that , far from being an ye ancient deep-south liquor,
      Southern Comfort was, Like Bailey's, concocted in a laboratory or
      marketing studio specifically for the sheila's market? Remember the
      ads? "Tastes like....um?". The billboards lasted about 3 weeks due to
      being wittily defaced.

      Bernard
      Melbourne