egroup cookies

  • Gateswood Quarterhorses
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2000
      Has anyone noticed that each piece of html formatted list mail now comes loaded
      with cookies that originate from "servedby.advertising.com" and/or
      "doubleclick.net"?

      I assume that must mean that everytime we read a distillers message and accept a
      cookie we are allowing some advertising company to view our browser history.
      Most of them expire Nov. 09, 2030 so they have long term plans for us.

      If your browser is set for automatic cookie acceptance you won't know what I'm
      talking about here. Also, cookies don't appear to be arriving with the plain
      text messages.

      Anyone know what's up with this? I sent egroups an inquiry. I'll advise if I
      ever hear anything about it.

      Don