Re: [Distillers] new still cummin'...Debbie

  • Jacques La Marr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2000
      Tony & Elle Ackland wrote:

      > I'm still a little confused as to how the Thumper actually works. Does
      > it have a heat source under it, or is it just the heat of the vapour coming
      > into it ?
      >
      > Tony

      Tony,

      From what little I know, I do know there is no heat source under the thump
      (slobber) box. You are correct that it just works with hot vapor.

      The copper "slobber box" through which the distilled vapors pass and where much
      of the water vapor, with its inherent bad taste, would condense. There is a
      fine copper screen halfway down the inside of this device to catch any
      sediment, and a petcock at the bottom to allow periodic draining of the water.

      Mark
    • giles@penryn.screaming.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2000
        For some obscure reason, i am subscribed to this list twice. So
        what?
        Well i get each message twice which used to be just a minor
        irritation, but since the posting of pics of stills this means
        extremely lengthy downloads. Please help.
      • Deb
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2000
          Just the heat of the vapor going into it. Thumper is too hot to touch when
          it starts to force vapor thru the condenser. It actually makes a thumping
          noise and vibrates from the vapor being forced thru the liquid you place in
          the te thumper.

          Deb Brewer

          witchwriter@... <mailto:witchwriter@...>

          ICQ #13688671