fruit wash update

  • spiritual
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      so far so good only took 1 1/2 big buckets of mandarins to get 5 litres...squeezed manually..LOL the best methods we fond (on the day) was a hand potatoe masher!!!...do say a whole mandarin (peeled) at a time seemed reasonably effective...the juicers were a bit harsh... to pulpy and there are heaps of seeeds in mandarins.  Its bubbling away just as much as a sugar wash...:( there was a slight foaming problem but tht was mainly dues to the bottle i had it in.

      Squeezed/used aprox 4.5 L of straight juice...put about 500ml in a suacepan heated and added about 1.5kg of sugar..I then used a sachet of champange yeast ec 1118

      IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
      addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
      confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons
      with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs.
      If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution
      or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly)
      and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation
      has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning,
      it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored.
      Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified
      to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning.
      However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
      computer you can ensure that you will be alone.