Spirits

  • Des
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 8:03 PM
      while I think it is a target to aim for, it is very difficult to produce an
      alcohol spirit without the 'exact' same recipe, the 'exact' same
      ingredients, and the 'exact' same equipment.

      However it is possible to make a very presentable brandy, whisky, etc using
      a base distilled alcohol and flavouring essences. But the story does not
      end there. The taste and smell, and look can be enhanced by adding other
      ingredients like caramel essence for colour and/or flavour. Smoke flavour
      is another additive that will produce its own changes. The addition of
      Juniper oil to gin will also improve the final product.

      Experimentation is the name of the game. All this means of course that it
      is possible to make a 'better' brandy, whisky, gin etc thyan thev famour
      distillers. Better that is according to personal taste - which matters
      most after all.

      Young Des.