Re: [Distillers] Orange oil

  • strounge@beer.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      > I have some orange oil which is highly concentrated it smells really
      > nice, I mixed it with a bottle of my finest some sugar and glucose but
      > the oil won't mix, it floats on top of the alchohol.
      > > Thanks in advance, Marty

      I usualy make my orange spirits by steeping the peel in 95% ethanol,
      diluting it a to 50% and then distilling. It's possible you're trying to
      get too much orange oil to dissolve if your alcohol is diluted - if I over
      dilute the product that comes off the still it goes cloudy and oil
      eventualy settles to the top. Does the alcohol actualy taste of orange
      after you've tried mixing it or is none of the stuff going in?Strounge