new member/question

  • Warner Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      Just got here. Quick question - I found three lists on Yahoo:

      Distilling
      Distillers
      New_distillers

      Are these all the same? the postings seem to indicate that.

      I'm kinda new to this and just 'lurking' right now. Sure is a wealth of
      inoformation here! It's great to be able to refer to these postings.

      regards,
      warner allen

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • bokakob
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2002
        I belong to "new_distillers" and "Distillers" gradually switching
        to "Distillers" only. Read all of them and perhaps post in just one
        of your selection.

        --- In Distillers@y..., Warner Allen <d_markx@y...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Just got here. Quick question - I found three lists on Yahoo:
        >
        > Distilling
        > Distillers
        > New_distillers
        >
        > Are these all the same? the postings seem to indicate that.
        >
        > I'm kinda new to this and just 'lurking' right now. Sure is a
        wealth of
        > inoformation here! It's great to be able to refer to these postings.
        >
        > regards,
        > warner allen

        > http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Tony & Elle Ackland
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 1:38 AM
          Warner,

          > Just got here. Quick question - I found three lists on Yahoo:
          >
          > Distilling
          > Distillers
          > New_distillers
          >
          > Are these all the same? the postings seem to indicate that.

          "Distilling" is rather dead - havent had an email from there in years.

          "Distillers and "New_Distillers" are basically the same groups of people,
          but with some differences.

          Anything goes at "new distillers" - you wont get laughed at for asking the
          most basic or trivial question - thats what the group is there to help
          with. Do try and spend a little time first though looking through the
          earlier messages, and sites like http://homedistiller.org so that you're
          not asking the same stuff that was just covered a few weeks prior.

          "Distillers" is the opposite - you're allowed to get into as much detail
          and minutae there, without necessarily being labelled as a boffin.

          Tony