Gin Head

  • Robert Stam
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2002
      Hi John,

      I saw from a recent post of yours that you make Gin in the traditional
      fashion of suspending a selection of spices in the column.

      I was wondering what proportions of botanicals you use, and to how much wash
      and what ethanol strength?

      All the Gin I have made have been done using essences, but my wife Gill, who
      prefers Bombay Sapphire, can always tell the difference.

      Cheers, Rob

      Robert Stam: Project Manager
      Information Technology, Pacific Health Limited
      Tauranga, New Zealand
      Ph. 5798804
      Fax 5779734

      Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail
      message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is
      privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are
      advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
      the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
      received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and
      destroy the message.
    • jimpuchai
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hello all.
        My single reducer column on a 40 Gallon copper tank (It was all I
        had !!) does the job so well that I threw away my carbon. The one
        small deficiency seems to be the difficulty of using a gin head with
        this design.
        I am thinking of adding a Vapour Management takeoff and directing
        the middle run vapour through a Gin head before condensing it.
        Does anyone have any experience of this approach ? It seems such a
        very obvious way to do it, that I feel there must be a catch
        somewhere.
        Thanks for all the great info. gleaned from this group. Absolutely
        priceless.

        Jim