Re: [Distillers] fruit season

  • noelwatson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
      G'day,
      The missus is German and swears by a system or "stuff" called "rum topf".
      Its a way of preserving in alcohol the various fruits (in layers) as they
      come in season, and after all the soaked fruit are consumed the grog is
      drunk.
      A Google search turns up thousands of recipes but I'll bet that Wal's got
      one up his sleeve.
      Regards,
      Noel
    • Lynne
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
        At 09:12 AM 7/30/02 +0930, spiritual wrote:
        >It is coming soon so if peoples have some lovely little methods/recipes
        >they want to share im sure others especially including myself would
        >appreciate it!....im particularly after one for mandarins!

        your citrus according to personal taste.

        Lynne
      • ups474@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
          There is a drink in South Africa called "Van Der Hum" - they use tangerines,
          but most anything else works well. Soak the fruit in some good vodka, along
          with some wood chips for complexity in the base spirit, then try a little
          nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon- maybe some vanilla, and let it sit for a month.
          It's worth it.