Re: [Distillers] Additional sugar to fruit

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2002
      The "soak in vodka and redistill" method makes a product called aromatic
      schnaps- not the regular type of schnaps - it has an excellent aroma, but if
      you hold your breath and taste it - there is no taste!
      I've been making cherry schnaps by fermenting to 16%abv, then adding some
      fresh cherry juice to the mash as I load the still- the best of both worlds.