Incredible Cherry Brandy

  • devil1869
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2002
      I came across this post with a Cherry Brandy recipe from Waljaco a
      while back and decided to try it.

      1 Quart jar full of pitted cherries (sour pie type)
      1/2 cup sugar (this wasn't in the recipe but since my cherries were
      so sour I decided to add it.)
      fill to rim with 42.5%, charcoal filtered 5x. (recipe said 50% but I
      over diluted a little)
      Shake for a half hour and let sit for 4 days on a shelf.

      The result was amazing, in a tasting party with ~25 different liquors
      (sampling ranged from a 'non-export' $150 + bottle of polish vodka to
      several homestone (homemade) cognacs, some spendy locally distilled
      3year whiskey and pear brandy, lemon vodka, jalepeno vodka, tequila,
      burbons so on and so forth) the simple cherry brandy was definitely
      the overall favorite and got many "MY GOD! this stuff is good, can
      you hook me up with a bottle?" Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't
      try it myself! It was the only bottle empty at the end of the night
      (of course I stashed the polish vodka early on :)

      Thanks Waljaco.
      -devil