Absinthe

  • echofixer
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 5 12:13 AM
      Hi everyone,

      I'm very new at all of this and I'm hoping to get a little advice
      from the experts here.

      I've decided I'd like to build a still for making things like
      absinthe schanps and other herbal liquers. The only problem is
      I have barely a clue about how to get started. I've been
      searching the web for information on how to get started, but feel
      that I may be getting in over my head.

      First of all, I'm considering building a still similar to the one in
      the picture at about the middle of this web page.
      http://homedistiller.org/flavour.htm

      It seems something like that would work pretty well for what I'd
      like to do.

      I am considering using something like everclear as the alcohol
      base to try to keep things simple while I get started.

      I am very intersested in any opinions, ideas and suggestions
      that anyone may have. If you have a recipie for absinthe
      (preferably one that you have tried and like), That would be
      fantastic.
    • Jack o' the Green
      Message 41 of 41 , Dec 12, 2007

        The louche is good, but I usually cheat by putting in straight ice cubes and letting them melt a bit before

        drinking. I’m never patient enough to chill water first ;)