alcotec 24 hr.

  • ned_58
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
      G'Day All
      Has anyone tried alcotec 24 hr. turbo super yeast & is it any good?
      They claim to get out of 8kgs of sugar, 12.25 litres @ 40% after
      38 hrs. I have been fermenting for 48 hrs and still going strong.
      Any info would be welcome. NED
    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
        Hi Ned, i have only just started stocking the 24 hour stuff. We did some
        trials on it a few weeks ago. Follow the instructions and it should do
        exactly as they claim.Dont add any heat, and keep the wash between 23-28 if
        possible.25 is good.Remember that when the manufactureres are talking about
        a products performance, they usually talk in terms of IDEAL conditions, so
        with out those ideal conditions, it may take an extra bit of time.Apparently
        the spirit is very clean.
        Pete
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2002
          Ned
          I was wondering what the outcome was. I checked out the data on the
          yeast and the suggested sugar concentration is 6 kg. Is the 8kgs in your
          message and did you mean 6. I am also interested in how much alcohol was
          returned from the sugar.

          Mark