paint tin

  • Mark Rice
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      g'day all.

      The other day I went to buy a new 4 litre paint tin to use as a cheap
      thumper. Looking inside the tin I noticed that it was a goldy colour, so I
      asked salesperson about it and he told me that it was lined so that water
      based paint wouldnt rust it.
      Does anyone out there know what this "lining" is? Is it dangerous for use as
      a thumper?

      TIA
      Mark
    • strounge@beer.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
        I would think it would be some kind of varnish. I'd go for blow torching
        the crap out of it until it stops smoking as a reliable way of making sure
        there's nothing problematic in there,Strounge

        > g'day all.
        > The other day I went to buy a new 4 litre paint tin to use as a cheap
        > thumper. Looking inside the tin I noticed that it was a goldy colour,
        > so I asked salesperson about it and he told me that it was lined so
        > that water based paint wouldnt rust it.
        > Does anyone out there know what this "lining" is? Is it dangerous for
        > use as a thumper?
        >
        > TIA
        > Mark
      • Pete Sayers
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
          You will probably find that it is "Anodised" ie the coating has been
          electroplated on.
          Pete
          > The other day I went to buy a new 4 litre paint tin to use as a cheap
          > thumper. Looking inside the tin I noticed that it was a goldy colour, so I
          > asked salesperson about it and he told me that it was lined so that water
          > based paint wouldnt rust it.
          > Does anyone out there know what this "lining" is? Is it dangerous for use
          as
          > a thumper?
          >
          > TIA
          > Mark

        • Pete Sayers
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
            mark, i've just read Strounge's email, and he is probably more on the mark
            than i was.
            Pete