Source of charred barrels for aging

  • nextbatch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2002
      I was looking to try aging with the traditional methods used for
      whiskey and rum so I was looking for a source for a small
      charred barrel. I was after a 5 gallon barrel and preferred to get
      one pre-charred. I am happy to report that I found an excellent
      source of pre -charred barrels at relatively good prices.

      Here's the source:

      http://www.walnutbowlstore.com/barrels.htm

      They have 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, and 30 gallon barrels.
      Available in clear plain or clear charred.

      I have a 5 gallon barrel on it's way at a cost of $101.

      Hope this helps others who might be lookin to do the same.