Re: The final from me on gasket material

  • pactumuk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2002
      Hi all,

      To all of you who have contributed to finding answers to my ( and
      others ) gasketing probelms. Thanks for all your help and the
      lightning replies. What a fantastic site this is..

      I bought a pad, fitted it, did a steam only and then a proper first
      time ( with this outfit ) run with complete sucess. Two gallons of my
      recent turbo fermentation took approx one and a half hours of
      twiddleing the water and fiddleing the variac but I am looking at
      exactly 1 ltr @ 91% of very sweet smelling stuff. Fore and Aft kept
      seperately. Not a leak in sight and the blue gasket apart from the
      imprint of my boiler and lid is as new. The mat was called a Multimat
      3 " The only Mat You Will Ever Need " ( Ya wanna bet ? ) " Made in
      China" I see that R.S.International supply Neoprene sheeting from
      1.5 mm to 12 mm all at 1.0 M X 1.2M, the 3.0 mm one is AUS$119.98 a
      sheet, pricey but the real thing for the pureists ...... with deep
      pockets.

      Scores of other Q's but they will have to wait. Now on to the other
      3 gallons, I must replenish my stock of goddies.

      Cheers to all. Great to read your comments and receive your advice.

      Pactumuk

      Service