Fw: 90%!

  • Dean Watts
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 2:39 AM
      Hi Dave

      According to my theory, by increasing the length of your column you
      should increase the amount of refluxing and therfor get a better %
      output. Maybe you have made your column packing less efficient by
      speading it out, by the look of your picture the new piece on your
      column in longer than the original but you havn't doubled the
      packing?
      I don't know If you can reduce the efficiency of a still by
      increasing the length of your column without some sort of formulae
      for hight versus diameter or anything like that? Maybe Tony or Dave
      may be able to shed some light on this??

      I am just a begginer in this myself but maybe these things are worth
      thinking about?

      Cheers
      Dean Watts