Re: [Distillers] Hemp whisky and blood rum

  • noelwatson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2002
      G'day,
      I'm a bit suspect about the "blood rum", but I wouldn't mind your recipe for
      pickled beef.
      Regards,
      Noel Watson
    • king edward potatohead
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2002
        I distilled off a little of the hemp wash last
        night - out of 5l in the boiler I discarded the
        first 30ml , collected about 400 ml of
        distillate. It's very smooth even after just one
        run through, pleasant tasting and very oddly
        familiar but I can't quite put my finger on what
        it reminds me of. I'll finish the rest of the
        wash tonight and add oak.

        Blood rum - sugar used to be refined by the
        addition of ox blood to clarify the cane liquor,
        this is my dubious justification for the
        following experiment.

        I've been making pickled beef again, this
        involves rubbing soft extra dark brown sugar into
        a joint of beef and leaving iot for a week
        turning every day. I used a half a kilo of sugar
        and it extracted about 2 pints of liquid from the
        meat.

        Not wanting to waste all this nutrient rich stuff
        I boiled it and added a further kilo of muscavado
        sugar, made it up to 7l and added yeast.

        Try not to be sick when you think about it..

        Strounge

        A beer.com Beer Mail fanatic
        Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.