Re: Fw: [Distillers] change in attitude toward home distilling ie new republic

  • Pete Sayers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2002
      The legalisation of Home Distilled spirits in NZ came about principally due
      to the guys from Spirits Unlimited and the guys from Fermtech Ltd lobbying
      (heavily) the relevent govt agencys, and forwarding lots of scientific data
      as to the safety etc of home distilling. One of their quotes was that it was
      legal for us to make homebrew beer, with all its relevant impurities from
      fermentation, and yet it was not legal for us to "Clean" it by distilling.
      Remember distilling does not produce alcohol, it merely cleans it of
      unwanted impurities.Go to the Spirits Unlimited site, or the Fermtech Ltd
      site, they may have some further info.
      Pete