Re[2]: [Distillers] Panic!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Xyz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Hello Pete,

      PS> We have found that if you keep the temp down to 20-22C the fermentation will
      PS> not "heat" itself up to over 30C, and the ferment will be over sooner. Do
      PS> not add heat untill the second day, and even then you will need to keep an
      PS> eye on the temp.Alcotec is the same as the Turbo Extra, it's made in the
      PS> same factory in England, Satchetpac.
      PS> Pete

      Many thanks for your help and advice.

      I did as you suggested and readjusted the temperature of the
      heater....it did seem to speed up on the bubbles through the lock.

      It is slowing down today the sixth day (if my maths is right.

      How long after fermentation ceases do you recommend I should leave it
      before running.

      How effective is the Alcotec 8 if reused.

      Here in the UK (I am making fuel for model engines,of course, who in
      their right mind would drink that) I pay UK pounds £3-80 for a
      200gram pack of Alcotec8, how does this compare elsewhere?

      Once again Many Thanks for your help.

      mailto:xyz@...