300 watt Temperature control

  • ken hawkyard-gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2000
      Hi all,I have finally found a relatively cheap off the
      shelf temperature controller for a 240 volt 3Kw
      immersion heater.
      It is made by United Automation Ltd Email:-
      Enquiry@... and is a CSR2-Series
      15E power regulator, it is a enclosed triac unit
      surounded by heat sink with a inbuilt 6.3mm dia
      control potentiometer. I got hold of this from RS
      components (http://rswww.com)part no. 655-644. It
      should be used with a suppressor because it may
      interfere with neighbours radio's, tv's etc. rs do a
      210-364 contact suppressor which should do the job ok
      or Maplin does a YR90X type R-C network uppressor
      which would also do. I installed mine the other day
      and lo and behold magnificent temperature control. I
      intend to fit a multi-turn dial knob with counting
      dial thus giving me even better fine adjustment.
      Regard and best wishes Ken

      http://im.yahoo.com