Crowd-Funding Idea for Home Distillers Association

  • Tom Robins
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2014
      Brewhaus, Tom Chowdrey:

      Is any active consideration of the CROWD-FUNDING suggestion made through HpmeDistiller forums and PMs?   This may be a really powerful suggestion.

      It's not clear how much participation you welcome other than giving money, but I'd be willing to stir the pot to find a team (in addition to the AD Exec already introduced)  that might outline an Appeal and move-out on developing required items.

      If it's a control thing and you want to tightly hold the reins, that's cool, too.  Please advise.

      VARocketry

      Brewhaus, TChowdrey:

      Hey, the fund-raiser idea a few posts up made me think of how to really do something like that.

      How about a KICKSTARTER project or one of the clone sites?

      Just getting the exposure would be a great win, the funding would be an incredible bonus.
      The ad guy, Tom, would be a great strategy guy to provide guidance on the messaging to use and content of supporting presentation including an engaging video.

      The participation levels can range from grateful thanks to t-shirts to a still post-legalization based on level.

      What do you think?

      ------------------------

      Brewhaus:

      The idea is to use KICKSTARTER or one of its clone sites for a dual purpose. First, they have a HUGE following to gain exposure to a carefully crafted message.

      Second, people on the Internet donate money to these projects for all sorts of reasons. On the clone sites, there are appeals for $750 for some schmo to attend his highschool reunion and he's given $1,349.

      KICKSTARTER is the first and most rule based, juried site - meaning they screen appeals and only good ones make it online. Other s act more like EBAY or Fiverr in that they'll put anything up to make their cut.

      Attention and exposure is the primary goal I'd believe with actual $$$ raising a great by-product. But it may work well in the reverse, too. The key is to develop a great story and supporting video with substantial production values. I think we might crowd-source the work on some of this, too.

      Brewhaus:

      This article will help you learn about crowd sourcing sites:

      http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/crowdfunding-sites/

      "It’s All About Strategy
      When it comes to putting your dreams or your startup plans into motion, it’s important to know which things to do in the correct sequence. If crowdfunding is the way to go for your project, choosing the right crowdfunding site is definitely a crucial step.

      Be wary of the fees you will be forking out, and the rewards, perks and benefits for each site. Be reasonable with your funding goals. And don’t make the mistake of leaving it all to the crowdfunding sites to do all the marketing for you.

      At the end of the day, you are putting yourself out there, convincing people to part with their money to help fund your thoughts, concepts and ideas. Run a marketing campaign on social networks like Facebook, or at least try to challenge yourself into making a viral YouTube video. To sum it up, make your project and its marketing campaign interesting, attractive, realistic and most importantly, unique. All the best then, dreamers!"

    • brewhausinc
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2014

        I am all for it, but have been overwhelmed between business, a couple of other outside projects, HDA stuff, and some personal commitments.  If you are willing and able to help in this capacity please contact me directly so that we can discuss it, as we can definitely use the extra help.  :-)

        Rick

      • chavez.yael
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2014
          Hello, some one can help me with this, i found this offer  KCCO Beverage Brand

          Really can I have my own Beverage Brand?

        • RLB
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2014
            The legal way is by filing a copywrite in every country on this planet  It should cost you around $100,000.  All you are doing is copywriting a name, but does that name have any value?  If your name sounds like another brand you will end up in court.  You could set up a web site in that name as a start because no two web sites have the same address.  I have set up a beverage brand name by placing it in my business plan, and checked the internet for that name.

            By the way, this is Distillers group, and the subject material doesn't really fit this group when you should be asking a lawyer this question.

            Robert

            Hello, some one can help me with this, i found this offer  KCCO Beverage Brand

            Really can I have my own Beverage Brand?

          • Eddie Hoskin
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24, 2014
              Actually, that's Trademarking, not Copywriting.  Totally different legalities.  And you can register a trademark now.....but having it registered doesn't guarantee anything; it just strengthens your claim.

              Radical Ed

              The legal way is by filing a copywrite in every country on this planet  It should cost you around $100,000.  All you are doing is copywriting a name, but does that name have any value?  If your name sounds like another brand you will end up in court.  You could set up a web site in that name as a start because no two web sites have the same address.  I have set up a beverage brand name by placing it in my business plan, and checked the internet for that name.

              By the way, this is Distillers group, and the subject material doesn't really fit this group when you should be asking a lawyer this question.

              Robert

              Hello, some one can help me with this, i found this offer  KCCO Beverage Brand

              Really can I have my own Beverage Brand?

            • Alli Bugger
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 25, 2014
                Like Robert said, this is a question for an attorney, not a distiller.

                To: "Distillers@yahoogroups.com" <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>

                From: RLB
                <last2blast@...>
                [Distillers] Re: Crowd-Funding Idea for Home Distillers
                Association

                From:
                "chavez.yael@..."
                <chavez.yael@...>
                Re: Crowd-Funding Idea for Home Distillers Association

                Hello, some one can help me with this, i found
                this offer  KCCO
                Beverage BrandKCCO Beverage
                BrandUS $1,000.00 in Business &
                Industrial, Websites & Businesses for Sale, Patents
                & TrademarksView
                on ebay.comPreview
                by Yahoo