TTB Bond Requiirements

  • Alli Bugger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2014
      I mislead those on this forum when I quoted the cost of the bond required by the TTB to get a Distillery license and for that I apologize.
      When I first called the TTB in DC and inquired about the bond requirements I was told there was a minimum $5,000 bond.  While that is technically true, it is not all of the story.  When filing out the TTB from 5110.56 Distilled Spirits Bond, I called the Cincinnati TTB office that handles the license applications and asked one more time.  Ta Da - they require what they call a Unit Bond which includes a Distillers bond ($5000), a Warehouseman bond ($5000) a Processors bond ($5000) and a Withdrawal bond ($1000) for a grand total of $16,000.  After doing a little searching it appears you can expect to pay between $150 and $200 per year for this puppy.  Sorry for any confusion.  Alli