Fwd: [Distillers] Re: Limoncello

  • Ion Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014

      Thank you for your reply Micio.

         I omitted to ask you ....is there a best time to pick the lemon for the essential oil .
         ( just before ripe,.....ripe,....or well ripe )

           Once again many thanks for your help

           Kind regards

           Ion

      Ciao Ion.
      The name Femminiello is done because that tree makes fruits two/three times per year.
      You aren't lucky because I know only that kind of trees: they are particular because the skin is very rich of essential oils.
      In my opinion you can use the same that variety of fruits, if belonging to the cultivar Citrus limon: if not very rich in essential oils you can use a little bit extra of fruits: two or more added only can improve the taste. If they are a little bit acid more than necessary, you can increase the quantity of sugar.
      Sorry not be able to help you more.
      Ciao a tutti.
      miciofelice2003

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ion Brown <ion@...> wrote:

      > Great to hear from you again Micio.
      > You are just the chap that may be able to help me.
      >
      > I have an interest in making Limoncello and have used your recipe.
      > My question is, which lemon would you use
      >
      > The lemon trees I have are.......
      > Genoa, Villa Franca, Yen Ben, Lisbon, Villafranca and Bearrs lemon.
      >
      > I understand Italy's prominent Lemon is Femminello.
      > ( a lemon I have not been able to find in New Zealand )
      >
      > I look forward to hearing from you
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > Ion
      >
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >

      > > A big ciao to everybody.
      > > I was silent for a while ( quite a big while) because some reasons, but now I'm there again.
      > > I stopped to distil, but me and the grappa are still there.
      > > Ciao a tutti.
      > > micio felice 2003

    • miciofelice2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2014
        Ciao Ion.
        Well ripe, well ripe, well ripe. Just when fruits are full of flavours and the juice "sweat" out of the skin, and only toching the fruits you feel the fingers a little bit wet.
        Ciao a tutti.
        miciofelice2003

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ion Brown <ion@...> wrote:

        > > Thank you for your reply Micio.
        >
        > I omitted to ask you ....is there a best time to pick the lemon for the essential oil .
        > ( just before ripe,.....ripe,....or well ripe )
        >
        > Once again many thanks for your help
        >
        > Kind regards
        >
        > Ion
        >

        > > Ciao Ion.
        > > The name Femminiello is done because that tree makes fruits two/three times per year.
        > > You aren't lucky because I know only that kind of trees: they are particular because the skin is very rich of essential oils.
        > > In my opinion you can use the same that variety of fruits, if belonging to the cultivar Citrus limon: if not very rich in essential oils you can use a little bit extra of fruits: two or more added only can improve the taste. If they are a little bit acid more than necessary, you can increase the quantity of sugar.
        > > Sorry not be able to help you more.
        > > Ciao a tutti.
        > > miciofelice2003
        > >
        > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Ion Brown <ion@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Great to hear from you again Micio.
        > > > You are just the chap that may be able to help me.
        > > >
        > > > I have an interest in making Limoncello and have used your recipe.
        > > > My question is, which lemon would you use
        > > >
        > > > The lemon trees I have are.......
        > > > Genoa, Villa Franca, Yen Ben, Lisbon, Villafranca and Bearrs lemon.
        > > >
        > > > I understand Italy's prominent Lemon is Femminello.
        > > > ( a lemon I have not been able to find in New Zealand )
        > > >
        > > > I look forward to hearing from you
        > > >
        > > > Kind Regards
        > > >
        > > > Ion
        > > >
        > > > Begin forwarded message:

      • miciofelice2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2014
          You have to pick lemons when they are well ripe.
          Ciao