measuring total sugar?

  • chris jude
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2013
      Hey y'all,

      I am working with a rum recipe that talks about measuring total sugar concentration (g/ml) in the molasses rather than relying on brix.  I have a spectrometer and can read brix, but I am not aware of a method to measure the total sugar.  Could someone enlighten me?

      Chris
    • edbar44
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2013
        There is a conversion formula for brix to g/l
        http://www.musther.net/vinocalc.html#ebull