Frozen Spirits

  • mattaquintana
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
      I recently put some of my spirits in the freezer and at -10 it started to slush over. I rechecked the proof and it was at 80 proof. Anyone have some insight on why it would do that.
    • Adam Fordham
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2013
        Is it a spirit with flavor ? Meaning is it a rum or whiskey etc

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone

        I recently put some of my spirits in the freezer and at -10 it started to slush over.  I rechecked the proof and it was at 80 proof.  Anyone have some insight on why it would do that.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • matthew Quintana
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2013
          Its been aged in oak, but nothing else has been added.  I tried the same thing with some bushmills, but that never froze it just beacame syrupy.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2013
            Maybe how you made your cuts?