Re: Update on Harry's health

  • mav
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
      Hi Harry,

      It,s fantastic to hear the good news!! I'll have to remember the "medicinal doses" part. Ok, off to work on a Sunday, bugger.

      Cheers
      Marc

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

      > First off, let me say a whole-hearted THANK YOU!!! to all the people who were standing in my corner.  The power of prayer and well wishes has definitely carried the day.
      >
      > The surgeons reversed their diagnosis.  They decided that instead of full triple bypass procedure, I would instead have angioplasty and two expanding stents fitted.  This is a much safer and less traumatic fix for my blockage problem.
      >
      > Seems that what I set out to achieve 11 years ago has paid off.  The arteries behind and to the side of my heart have over the years grown their own veins around the blockages, effectively bypassing and supplying bloodflow (and oxygen) naturally.
      >
      > What caused the latest hiccup was the artery on the FRONT of the heart becoming drastically narrowed.  So that one now has two enlarging stents in it to restore bloodflow (I've got before & after pics I'll upload when I get a chance).
      > Lifelong blood-thinning and cholesterol management medications will now mitigate future issues.
      >
      > The big thing in all this was discovering that I also have type 2 diabetes!  Which was why I felt so shitty all the time and my eyesight was sometimes blurred.
      > For this I now have to monitor my blood sugar levels and inject myself with insulin (lantis pen) every day.  But I am told that if I lose about 15-20 kilos, this condition too will probably disappear!
      >
      > So the outcome has been very favourable and I now feel a whole lot BETTER than I've felt in years! (probably due to the diabetes control)  Just gotta lose the bruising and get my breathing capacity back up to scratch.
      > Gimme a few weeks and I'll be back larger than life.  :)
      >
      > Once again, many thanks to all of you for the support.  I'll try to catch up on emails etc. when I can.
      >
      > Bottom line?...self-medication with one's own poison-free alcoholic spirits (medicinal doses) and nothing else, is an outright winner.
      >  After 11 years of this I'm living proof of it.
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry
      > Owner :         Y! new_distillers    Y! Distillers    The Alcohol Library

    • White Bear
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013
        Harry-
          I have 7 stints in my heart and I am doing quite well.  The procedure is very simple and the results are fantastic.  I am glad that the drs. changed the dianosis and that you will do well with stints.  You will be feeling better directly afterwards.  Good to hear that your spirits are good, hope for a smooth recovery and you are in all of our prayers.  Be well my friend.
        White Bear

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2013

        Posted  on behalf of Mike Nixon….